We collect two types of information from visitors to the Sites:
- (1) Personally Identifiable Information; and
- (2) Non- Personally Identifiable Information, such as your IP address or cookies.
- "Personally Identifiable Information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. HLDS collects and stores the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personally identifiable information on the Sites:
- We may collect your first and last name and product or service details if you contact us with a question related to our products or services;
- We may collect your first and last name, mailing information and email address if you download information from a Site;
- We may collect your name, email address or phone number if you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your first and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes; and/or.
- The above list provides an example of the personally identifiable information that may be collected on the Sites. If you do not want HLDS to collect your personally identifiable information, please do not provide it to us.
- "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, location, gender or interests. Nonpersonally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personally identifiable information that is collected via the Sites:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address -- Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data -- such as the webpages you view.
- Cookie -- A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Sites. For example, when someone visits a page within the Sites, a cookie is placed on the user's machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Sites previously. Cookies may also be used to track users across the Web. We use the information we collect from cookies for marketing and product planning purposes. Collected data may also be shared, in aggregate form, with third-parties (e.g., dealers, marketers, and distributors). You may also set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Sites. Additionally, some of the cookies we use may be flash cookies or Adobe cookies. While they are harmless, they may contain non-personally identifiable information and depending on your browser these cookies may not normally be deleted when your cookies are deleted. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted.
- Web Beacons (also known as "clear gifs," "web bugs" or "pixel tags") -- "Web Beacons" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
- Product Information -- We may collect registration information or other details about your product or service. Unless this information is tied to your name or address, it is not considered personally identifiable.
- We collect the above non-personally identifiable information from all visitors to our Sites. If you do not want HLDS to have access to this information, please do not visit our Sites.
B. Use of Information Collected Via the Sites(1) Personally Identifiable Information
- We use your personally identifiable information that is collected on these Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver services;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products or services from HLDS, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials to you;
- To complete service requested by you;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites; and
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or other inquiry.
Non-personally identifiable information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information.
C. Sharing and Disclosure of Information(1) Personally Identifiable Information
- We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you download an item from a site, we may share your personally identifiable information in order to provide the item to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personally identifiable information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion.
- To our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates in order to better serve you. HLDS may have to share your data with these parties in order to provide you with services that have been requested by you, or so that we can ensure our services and products are meeting your needs. For example, in some instances HLDS may be required to transfer your data to our parent companies in Japan and Republic of Korea in order to provide you with a product or service requested by you.
- To strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on HLDS's behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users' personally identifiable information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personally identifiable information to us.
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of HLDS or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
We use non-personally identifiable information collected on the Sites in the manner disclosed above, in the Section A (2). We may share this non-personal information with third parties.
D. International Transfer of Information
- If you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information, HLDS may transfer that information to its affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information to the region which does not have the same data protection laws as your countries and by providing your personally identifiable information you consent to:
- the transfer of your personally identifiable information to Japan and Republic of Korea as indicated above.
E. Forums, Chat Rooms and Other Public Posting AreasPlease note that any information you include in a message you post to any product review board, chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don't want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly.
F. Third Party Web SitesThis statement applies solely to information collected on the Sites. The Sites may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites.
G. AssignmentIn the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information collected via the Sites.
- No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to HLDS is done at your own risk.
- Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
- If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using these Sites or providing personally identifiable information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of these Sites. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.